Human Factors Principles
|HUMAN FACTORS IN AVIATION||5 Days (Fulltime)||
7 - 11 Mar, 15 -16 Aug
5 Days (Fulltime)
The Human Factors course is a 5 day course designed for personnel in the aviation industry. It not only provides participants with knowledge and understanding in Human Factors and various related topics, but specifically relates to the operational work of the participants in order to help them to improve their daily performance. It provides a unique and cost effective opportunity to provide training at either EASA or in-country training to aviation personnel as it can be trained both onsite and offsite.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the theory and history of Human Factors in Aviation and relate it to your job
- Define Human Factors
- Identify relevant areas of application of human factors in aviation and other industries
- State the importance of the human component and the human systems approach to aviation and aviation safety.
- Manage the consequences and organizational impact of Human Factors for all aviation roles.
The course is designed for all personnel in the aviation industry (ANS providers, Civil Aviation Authorities, Ground Handling Companies, Airlines and Airports).
It is given in English Language and therefore a satisfactory level of communication skills in spoken and written language is required.
5 Days (Fulltime)
- Interactive discussions
- Case studies
- Fundamentals of Human Factors
- Human Performance and Limitations
- Threat and Error Management
- Fatigue and Stress
- Human Factors and Management
- Human Cognition
- Communications and Spatial Disorientation
- Aviation Resource Management
- HF in Development and implementation of Aviation systems
Written exam at the end of each module
Course attendance records
The East African School of Aviation (EASA) will award a Certificate in Human Factors to candidates obtaining at least 70% pass mark in each end-of-module test and at least 80% attendance of the course time. Trainees who do not meet all of the above criteria will be issued with a letter of attendance.