Instrument Landing System (ILS) maintenance
|Instrument Landing System (ILS) maintenance||8 Weeks||
9 May- 1 Jul, 24 Oct – 16 Dec
Eight (8) Weeks
To equip engineers and technicians with the knowledge, skills and attitude needed for the Instrument Landing System (ILS) equipment maintenance.
- Introduction to the ILS system Modulation theory
- General antenna theory
- Signal generation in the ILS system
- Radiation of the ILS signal
- Monitoring of the ILS system
- Errors in the ILS system
- ICAO ILS requirements and recommendation
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Personnel who are currently assigned or are about to be assigned engineering and maintenance duties either at Aviation training institution or Air Navigational Services.
Proficiency in both written and spoken English and have engineering background on telecommunication, avionics, electronic, instrumentation or electrical.