Safety Management Systems (SMS)
|SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS (SMS)||5 Days||-||
4 - 6 Apr, 14 - 16 Sept
To provide the participant with knowledge, skills and attitudes regarding Safety Management Systems (SMSs) for product/service providersand regulators and integrate modern safety risk management and safety assurance concepts into repeatable, proactive systems. SMSs emphasize safety management as a fundamental business process to be considered in the same manner as other aspects of business management.
SMS is all about safety decision-making throughout the organization. The purpose of the course is to enable participants:-
- Understand the overall Safety Management System (SMS) concept
- Become aware of the global context of SMS standards and regulations
- Understand how SMS can be used in reduction of risk in Aviation
- Acquire knowledge of tools and techniques used in supporting a well- functioning SMS
- To help organizations develop an effective ICAO Safety Management System
The objectives of this course are to provide a comprehensive overview of Safety Management Systems (SMS) and offer an understanding on how to implement it correctly in your airport environment.
This course will also offer the essential guidance on establishing, implementing and developing a SMS.
- Explain the meaning of SMS
- Describe hazard identification and management
- Describe safety culture and managements role in SMS
- Describe Risk Management, Safety Assurance and Promotion
- Detail SMS tools and Methods for occurrence reporting
- Explain Fatigue Risk Management System (FRMS)
All employees within aviation industry including key post holders, flight safety facilitator, accountable, quality, maintenance and training managers, departmental heads, and operations managers, who are involved in or have interest in Safety Management.
An interest in achieving increased knowledge in the understanding, development and implementation of ICAO Safety Management Systems
( 5 Days) Fulltime
- Lecture with demonstration
- Case studies
- Video clips
- Course notes
- History of SMS and a Regulatory Overview
- What is SMS?
- The Components and Elements of Safety Management Systems
- Component 1 Safety Management Plan
- Document Management
- Safety Oversight
- Training, Quality Assurance and Emergency
- Safety Culture: The Impact of Human and Organizational Factors
- Safety Performance Measurements
- Implementation of SMS - Practical Considerations
- The Assessment Guide
- Assessing Industry
- Obtaining the Information
- Completing the Assessment
Written examination at the end of the course and record of attendance.
An EASA will be in Safety Management Systems (SMS) Certificate will be awarded to participants who will attain a pass mark of 70% in each test and at least 80% attendance of the course time.